The On Campus Advantage
Living on Campus
It's Who You Know!
Convenience and Location
The University of Scranton has invested in buildings, refurbishment, residence life staff expansion and related educational services. Why? Because national studies indicate that students housed on campus tend to graduate within four years, perform better academically, and generally connect better to campus life. And, these studies don't begin to address how you grow personally within our vibrant, dynamic communities. As a Jesuit Institution, we focus on your needs as an individual. Our Residence Life Program is designed to enhance learning and promote responsible living in a supportive community.
On-campus students have the opportunity to develop new personal relationships by being involved with activities and programs that are planned and held in the residence halls.
Freshman are assigned to traditonal residence halls in the heart of campus.
Sophomore students participate in a on-line lottery and typically live in groups of 4 assigned to either Condron Hall, Gavigan Hall, or Redington Hall.
Upperclass students can apply with a group of their friends to live together in designated residence halls, houses and apartments.
5 Professional Area Coordinators (Professionals with either a Bachelors or Masters Degree).
5 Live-in Jesuit Priests
87 Resident and Community Assistants (Undergraduate upper-class students or Graduate Students assigned to assist students living on campus).
All staff living on campus are extensively trained to assist students with all aspects of campus life. Staff members attend annual programs on Jesuit identity and other issues relevant to the college residential experience.
To view a map of campus, please click here.
Our Residence Life Program offers a wide range of benefits:
- A University room assignment for four consecutive years in University Housing.
- All utilities paid
- No hidden costs
- On-campus laundry facilities
- *Royal Card Program that provides access to residences, vending, laundry, events and purchasing on campus
- Air conditioning in all sophomore housing and in apartments.
- Reliable maintenance
- Light housekeeping service
- Fully furnished rooms
- Easy access to classroom and support services:
- MAC Machine
- Weinberg Memorial Library
- Counseling Center
- Campus Ministry Office
- Student Health Services
- Byron Recreation Facility
- Wellness Center
* Royal Card access is available in all the residence halls and apartments . It is not available in any of the houses.
- 24-hour security
- Patrolling Public Safety Officers
- Campus Escorts
- Campus Emergency Phones
- Royal Card Access on most buildings
- Smoke detectors in all student rooms
- Regular Fire Drills
- Alarmed residence hall doors linked to the Public Safety Office
- Fire Protection Panel in direct communication with Public Safety and the Scranton Fire Department