University & Businesses Discuss Downtown Engagement Efforts
Thirty representatives from downtown businesses gathered with University staff and administration on Friday, May 11 to discuss University-downtown engagement, a follow-up to a meeting that took place a year ago when the Office of Community Relations first launched efforts to increase connections with downtown venues.
Undertaken in cooperation with community and campus partners (University’s Small Business Development Center, Student Affairs and Parent Relations Offices as well as Scranton Tomorrow and the Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce), these efforts have included special events and promotions to raise the awareness of students, faculty, staff and parents with downtown Scranton offerings.
Download the May 2012 University-Downtown Engagement Initiative presentation that summarizes these efforts. Click here to view the Scranton Times Tribune article, "University Lays Out Initiative to Boost Student Traffic Downtown" on the meeting. Below find several additional links highlighting this initiative.
- Downtown Scavenger Hunt in cooperation with the Center for Student Engagement and 30 downtown businesses
- Residence Assistants Downtown "FAM" Tour & Dinner in cooperation with Office of Residence Life and Scranton Tomorrow
- Family Weekend Royal Welcome & Family Table Program in cooperation with the Office of Parent Relations
- Monthly Downtown Business Update
- Downtown Scranton Information Page for Visitors and Parents
- Shop Scranton, Shop Local Promotion
- Downtown Movie & Dinner Nite in cooperation with 13 restaurants, Marquee Cinemas, First Friday Scranton, the Office of Residence Life and other Student Affairs Offices
For more information, visit our Opportunities for Downtown and Area Businesses page. Downtown businesses interested in participating in these types of initiatives can contact email@example.com or call 570-941-4419.